Monday, June 13, 2005

I Hate Windows!

Today, I am trying to troubleshoot my sister's computer. First of all, it says there are no DirectX9.0c (whatever the hell that means) compatible display adapters on her computer. Well, since the last time she played Sims 2, nothing has changed. I go into Device Manager and, for some odd reason, there are two display adapters. That hasn't been fixed yet because I soon ran into even bigger problems.

This annoying little balloon kept popping up in the lower right-hand corner by the clock. After the third or fourth time I clicked it to see what it was. I saw it was Windows Update wanting to install Service Pack 2 for Windows XP. Well, according to Microsoft, this is a must have patch that your computer cannot survive without. What happens when I install this must have patch that your computer cannot live without?! It stops working. We restarted it after it got done installing and now the computer boots up but before it gets to the login screen, it restarts. It does this over and over again. Safe Mode won't help it, Last Known Good Configuration won't help it.

I don't want to reformat because we just got her iPod working and she downloaded like 200+ songs today.

This is why I'm getting a Mac for college. I don't have time to follow all of Microsoft's directions just to get my computer all screwed up when I have a paper due in one or two days. The people I've been talking to on the internet have never had problems with their mac and I never hear anything bad about Apple; stuff just works. Right now, I'd give anything to have a mac sitting on my sister's computer desk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home