Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Indian Ocean Tsunamis

My heart goes out to all of those who have been hurt by the Indian Ocean Tsunamis. Not just physically, but those who have lost loved ones or don't know if they will ever see someone again.

You know, living in America, I think it is difficult to relate to something like this. We've never had something like this happen. We've had 9/11, which was terrible, don't get me wrong, but this is like 26 9/11's, all in less than twenty minutes, with no one to blame or retaliate against.

It saddens me every time I open up my little Firefox browser and look at CNN (which is my homepage). When it first happened, it was a little blurb to the right that said 11,000 had died. Then that number went to 20,000, then to 28,000 then to 60,000, and now, as I look at CNN, it is at 80,000. What is even more unsettling is that they are predicting the number to continue to rise.

I guess all we can do is wait and hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home